Monday, October 12, 2020

Online school problems

 I do not think online learning has provided an equal opportunity for learning during the pandemic. I am lucky that I have been able to get stable internet access, and multiple ways to get device that I can use for zoom, however I know this is not the case for everyone. Even if students do have internet access and a device, that doesn’t mean that they will do well in their class. For example, for my scholarship we are required to complete tutoring which is fine, however we were told not that there is no excuse for you to miss a tutoring session even if you don’t have internet access. Which surprised me because that is beyond most of our control. I remember in one of our sessions, one person's internet keep going out and he was counted absent because their internet kept going out.When we asked what we should do if we can't get internet access and our tutor said we would have to call in, which also does not make sense to me because if a student have reliable internet access what makes you think we will all have a reliable phone. I am not sure if online class will make me less competitive in the job market but I have talked to many of my peers who have said that they feel like they are burning out because of the stress of online schools.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid vaccine

  At first I thought that if a vaccine were to come out the first ones who should get the vaccine would be college students but now that i t...