Friday, September 11, 2020

Maintaining relationships and making new ones during Covid


 When I graduated high school I was hoping to finally break free of my parents and finally have a taste of the “freedom” college was supposed to have given me. However with Covid still very much present in our day to day lives, this has led to much disappointment in my journey into early adulthood. I didn’t move into the dorms because I didn’t want to risk paying for a dorm, buying lots of decorations only to be told 2 weeks later that I have to move out. I also missed k week and any events that might have taken place on campus as well as parties. This has also affected making friendships or at least getting to know other people because I have not been able to really meet people because most of my classes are online and I don’t live on campus. As I talked to my friends who went to other colleges like Transylvania and EKU and they seem to have the same problem as well.And Although I know these things are not that important in the grand scheme of the pandemic,these things were important to me in my college experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid vaccine

  At first I thought that if a vaccine were to come out the first ones who should get the vaccine would be college students but now that i t...