Friday, September 11, 2020

Introduction

 My name is Queenzlynn Boateng I am 18 and a freshmen. I was born and grew up in Lexington Kentucky and I attend the University of Kentucky. I do not live on campus but I still live pretty close to downtown. I am Black and was raised by immigrants from Ghana. I would consider my family middle class. I don’t think I have a unique situation that relates to Covid but over the summer I did work at a daycare and there were a couple of kids whose parents caught Covid but luckily it didn’t spread. For my family and I the pandemic hasn’t really been affected negatively. I thought Covid was going to hurt my family more than it did because most of the women in my immediate family and extended family are nurses and my father and brother tend to work with a lot of people but know one has come in contact with Covid yet. The only things Covid has really made harder for my family is not being able to celebrate important events like graduation, anniversaries and prom, which aren’t as serious as quarantining.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid vaccine

  At first I thought that if a vaccine were to come out the first ones who should get the vaccine would be college students but now that i t...